A few weeks ago my wife and I tried this Williams-Sonoma recipe: Slow-Cooker Shepherd’s Pie. It’s really good. We have some family coming to visit from Louisiana, so we are making it tomorrow for Christmas day.
For Sunday we have more family and friends coming over for dinner, and are going to cook Amarone Osso Bucco, and some wild mushroom risotto. For appetizer: Ralph & Kacoo’s Stuffed Mushrooms–super delicious. I used to go to Ralph & Kacoo’s in Baton Rouge when I was in high school and college and eat that as a meal. My favorite stuffed mushrooms. For dessert: Mississippi Mud Pie.
And for brunch Sunday we will make Michael’s Breakfast Casserole.
Some of my other favorite recipes:
- Chicken Big Mamou Pasta–just an amazing dish.
- Patsy’s broccoli casserole (that’s my mom);
- Patsy’s corn soup;
- Margot Burger’s Dutch Potato Wiener casserole–my Dutch friend Margot made this for us once when they visited us in Philadelphia–good comfort food;
- Jay’s Gumbo–one of my wife’s Cajun friends;
- Eckrich Smoked Sausage with Tangy Cabbage (other Eckrich sausage recipes).
Well, now I know why you put on a little of that weight you lost earlier 🙂