In Leonard Peikoff’s latest podcast, we learn:
- If you enter someone’s house with a concealed weapon, you have to let them know;
- a pregnant woman has a right to abuse her body even up until the moment the baby’s born, even if it harms the fetus. It’s vicious and immoral but people have the right to do vicious things. After all, Kant with his ideas killed “thousands of generations,” but that was legal;
- it’s okay for immigrants who come to America to continue to celebrate their foreign culture;
- the owner of your body upon death is whoever you leave it to in the will, or whatever the default legal rules in the absence of a will;
- the practice of women, but not men, wearing makeup, may have some objective natural basis, but perhaps in some societies it would be alright for men to wear makeup instead;
- if a student at a public high school is assigned a lot of community service hours as a significant part of the grade of a senior year government class, it’s irrational to refuse to do the community service.