Kinsella on Liberty Podcast, Episode 273.
This is my appearance as a guest on Episode 302: “Stephan Kinsella Explains Hoppe’s Argumentation Ethics“, of the Free Man Beyond the Wall podcast, by host Pete Quinones (formerly known as “Mance Rayder”), hosted by The Libertarian Institute. From his shownotes:
Many libertarian/anarchists have heard of the concept of Argumentation Ethics as developed by Hans-Hermann Hoppe but have never looked to see what it’s all about.
Stephan Kinsella has studied AEs, applied it to his own work and even developed the thought process further. Here, he gives a lengthy explanation that can serve as your doorway into the subject.
- “Dialogical Arguments for Libertarian Rights,” in The Dialectics of Liberty (Lexington Books, 2019)
- Hoppe’s Argumentation Ethics and Its Critics, StephanKinsella.com (Aug. 11, 2015)
- Lecture 3 of my 2011 Mises Academy course, “The Social Theory of Hoppe” (slides here)
- Lecture 2 of my 2011 Mises Academy course, “Libertarian Legal Theory: Property, Conflict, and Society” (slides here)
- The Genesis of Estoppel: My Libertarian Rights Theory, StephanKinsella.com (March 22, 2016)
- Defending Argumentation Ethics: Reply to Murphy & Callahan, Anti-state.com (Sept. 19, 2002)
- “Argumentation Ethics and Liberty: A Concise Guide,” Mises Daily (May 27, 2011)