Podcast (kinsella-on-liberty): Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:33:31 — 214.0MB)
Kinsella on Liberty Podcast, Episode 220.
This is my interview by Rod Rojas of the Future Gravy show, which focuses on bitcoin and blockchain topics. We discussed how patents harm innovation and various strategies some companies use to try to deal with the patent threat, such as patent pooling, defensive patent licensing, whether Blockstream’s Patent Pledge is really a tactic that makes them a patent threat to the blockchain community, and related matters.
The video is embedded below.
- Blockstream’s Defensive Patent Strategy: Patent Pledge
- Kinsella, The Patent Defense League and Defensive Patent Pooling
- —-, Do Business Without Intellectual Property
- —-, “Defensive Patent License” created to protect innovators from trolls; probably won’t work
- —-, Twitter Heroically Promises Not to Use Patents Offensively
- The Patent Pledge
- KOL220 | Future Gravy Interview about Blockstream and the Defensive Patent License
- Bitmex: A blockchain-specific defensive patent licence.