Kinsella on Liberty Podcast, Episode 316.
At the prodding of Peter Schiff’s son, who, unlike his dad, is anarchist, pro-bitcoin, and opposed to intellectual property, I had a discussion with Peter about IP. Didn’t fully succeed in converting him to the anti-IP cause, but made a bit of headway. We also talked a bit about bitcoin, and the Saipan and Puerto Rico tax breaks available to Americans. It begins a bit abruptly, since we were chatting initially before I had started on the IP topic and we began talking about bitcoin, and it didn’t seem like it was going to quickly end, so I hit record and we talked about bitcoin before getting around to IP and a few other topics like defamation, Saipan, etc.
- Kinsella, Intellectual Property and Libertarianism“
- ———, “Legal Scholars: Thumbs Down on Patent and Copyright” (Oct. 23, 2012)
- ———, “The Overwhelming Empirical Case Against Patent and Copyright” (Oct. 23, 2012)
- Boldrin & Levine, Against Intellectual Monopoly
- Boldrin and Levine: The Case Against Patents
- The Effects of Patent and Copyright on Hollywood Movies